Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Finishing The Floor

Now, back to putting the piece together, I still have to notch the floor corners and run a rabbet around the bottom face to fit into the groove in the bottom rails and legs. I laid this out on the floor itself and checked my measurements and calculations several times before going any farther.



I used the router to make the rabbet. Here I am setting the depth.


I could use the router fence for the long edges.


After that was done I cut the corners out with a jig saw.


I then made the rabbet for the inside corners. I made a simple guide so I would get a neat rabbet.


After making the rabbet I used my block plane to round over the edges of the rabbet. I know this will not be visible without turning the piece over but I want the work to look "neat" everywhere. With the floor now ready I make a test fit with all the parts.

The inside


The bottom


View of the bottom inside corner


And the first time all the parts are assembled together


With everything fitting well, I disassemble one last time and prepare for glue up.

Thanks for taking a look. I hope you check back again and see how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome if on topic.