Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Blanket Chest Lumber

After another trip to the lumber store I now have all the material that I need for the blanket chest project. I have milled it all to approximate dimensions and have figured out where each piece will go. I will start producing the book-matched panels soon. I milled that material first since I knew I would pre-finish the panels prior to assembly.

Here is a shot of the material for the lid



And a shot of the walnut with a sample of the frame pieces in position


Today I sat down and worked out the details for the joinery. There is a bit of complexity where the legs and frame come together but I think I have the details pretty well nailed down now. 

In the meantime, I still need to make an astragal for the double doors so I will probably work on that for a while. By the way, I sure do like having the dust collector out of my shop. I gained a fair amount of floor space and it is quieter when only the dust collector is running. 

Til next time, thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome if on topic.