Thursday, December 15, 2016

Lumber From North Carolina

Here are some pictures of the lumber I picked up in North Carolina.

This is Hackberry, the spalted piece. It may become a table but at this point I am not sure. It really needs to acclimate for a while yet. I'll move the hackberry to the basement soon.


And here are the 2 pieces of Hackberry I bought so I would have wood for legs or apron or both, depending on what the piece becomes.


And here is a shot of the Pecan boards that my friend Jeff gave me. These boards are 8 feet+ in length so I didn't include the whole of the pieces.


The Pecan rode on my ladder rack the whole trip back to Oregon. The Hackberry was in the bed of the truck covered by a canopy. The pecan seems to have come through without any problems despite being rained and snowed on. The Hackberry didn't like moving and has developed some big checks in the ends. I kind of expected this but hope the spalted slab will yield a nice size piece. It will be a while before I work on that though.

Well, that's it for today. Thanks for taking a look and I'll be back to making some stuff soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome if on topic.