Monday, July 18, 2016

Installing Dust Collection

When I first set up my shop I knew I wanted to put the dust collector outside the shop. I first had to pour a pad, frame the walls, install siding, build some doors etc. Needless to say a lot of other things also needed doing and I ended up with the dust collector in a "temporary" location for several years. Now I am ready to make the move and am really looking forward to gaining more space as well as finally getting all those hoses off the floor.


I will have two hoses penetrating the back wall. One at ceiling height to pick up the planer and table saw, and one at about 4' ABFF to run along the walls and pick up the router table, band saw and jointer.

With the installation of the doors the space for the dust collector is now closed off. I will move the dust collector to it's new location and lay out for the wall penetrations. I need to get a few more hose fittings and then I can put it all together. 

The doors installed

View of the back of the shop showing the attached dust collection shed



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome if on topic.