Friday, July 29, 2016

A Trip To Goby Walnut In Portland Oregon



I went to Goby Walnut Products today to pick out material for the blanket chest. I had looked on their website and thought they would have what I needed. They log street trees and have a nice selection of walnut and big leaf maple as well as other species like locust and sycamore.Here is their showroom/warehouse where you will find a lot of nice figured lumber.


Here is the figured lumber shorts section.




I spent about an hour or so looking around and picking out material for panels. Most of their stock in front is milled 2 inches or so thick. Great for resawing into parts. Cyndi, the inside sales manager, helped me with pricing, location of stock etc. and was very friendly and helpful. Next I went looking for walnut stock for the frame parts. The dimension stock is located in the warehouse section.



After a while I had what I thought I needed so loaded up a cart and went to check out. Cyndi tallied everything up and I settled the bill.


I found Goby Walnut Products to be a good source for some nice lumber and enjoyed shopping there. They have a pretty large selection available and I am sure that I will be returning when I am looking for figured walnut or maple. Now I will begin the milling process and start to make a blanket chest from the lumber I just purchased. Check back and see how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome if on topic.